The City of Warren is reviewing requests from interested residents for loans under the Community Development Block Grant Property Rehabilitation Program.
If you’re interested in this program, here is the eligibility checklist.
1. Have you made your last six house payments on time?
2. Do you have a history of paying your property taxes on time? (Including your water bill?)
3. Do you have homeowner’s insurance?
4. If you have had a bankruptcy, has it been discharged
is it correct to say you have never been in bankruptcy?
5. Is your home zoned R-1-A, R-1-C, R-1-B, or R-1-P?
(Call if you would like the City to look up your property zoning)
6. Is it correct to say your home is not located in a flood zone?
(If you live near the red run drain your home may be located in the flood zone. Call if you would like the City to look up this information).
7. Is your gross household income less than the moderate-income limit shown on the chart below?
8. Is your property an owner-occupied single-family home (not a condo, rental property, land contract, or mobile home)?
9. Is it correct to say your property is not a rear lot structure?
To proceed to the next step, you must have answered yes to all the above questions. You then will be assigned the next available case number and placed on a waiting list. There is currently a one to three-month wait.
If you answer no to any of the questions, you are not eligible to receive a loan under this rehabilitation program.
Funds are limited for this program, so you are urged to submit the “Expression of Interest” form as soon as possible to email@example.com or mail it to
City of Warren Community Development Program
One City Square, Suite 210
Warren, MI 48093
Call 586-574-4686 for more information.